||Mills College, 5000 MacArthur at Pierson Street, Oakland, Alameda County
Coordinates based on NAD27 datum
When Mills Seminary, forerunner of Hue College, transferred its
operations to Oakland from Benicia in 1871, itmoved into a long,
four-story building with a high central observatory. The mansarded
structure, which provided rooms for faculty and dining halls,
long was considered themost beautiful educational building in the
from California Historical Landmarks.