Barracks at Fort Ross
||19005 Coast Hwy, State Hwy 1 (12 mi N of Jenner), Sonoma County
Official State Plaque
||There is a small charge for admission
From California State Historical Landmarks:
Founded in 1812 by Russians from Alaska. When Russians withdrew to Alaska in 1841, Captain Sutter bought the improvements and supplies. The State acquired the fort in 1906 and the remaining buildings-Greek Orthodox Chapel, Commandant's Quarters, and Stockade-were restored. The chapel, destroyed by fire in 1970, was reconstructed in 1974.
Watch Tower with the Pacific Ocean in the Background
Official State Marker Plaque Near the Entrance Kiosk